Saturday, October 13, 2007

Scary House


Our house is sooo scary, and it isn't even Halloween yet. First, in the middle of the night, the smoke detector started to scream so loud, it scared me to death. I didn't know what to do, where to hide. I tried to hide in the bathroom, behind bed, but the loud beeps were still coming at me. Eventually Mom took me to the garage and into her car. Inside the car I felt safe, I always feel save in the car, I can just feel it. Finally, Dad took the smoke detector off the wall and removed the batteries. That made me feel much better.

During the day I really felt like playing. I chased after my small soccer ball, then I run away from Dad who was chasing me around the couches in the living room, I played with Tom and with Mom. That was really good, until later in the afternoon the house started to creak and squeak, and that spooked me again. I ran straight to Dad and asked him to take me outside. And so he did. That's where I am now, on my chair, on my towel, on the deck, feeling safe and content. Probably not for long, though, I'm beginning to feel the urge to go for a walk. It is getting late, after all. I think I'll start asking Mom and Dad to take me around the lake pretty soon. I really know how to make them listen to me...

No comments: