Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Good Day



Today was a good day. And I really mean it. I slept long into the late morning, while Dad was yapping on the phone, then I slept some more on the deck. Look at me there, it was a bit on the cool side, so I slept on my chair covered with a nice warm towel. I have no reason to complain about a dog's life, cause mine is just about perfect.

After the extended morning nap I very politely asked Dad to go for a walk. He could not resist, so we went. I was leading the way, of course. When we came to the place where another street goes off to the right to another neighborhood, I crossed the street and pulled Dad there, because that's where I wanted to go. He obliged!

After the walk I slept some more, they I played with Dad, then Mom came back home, so I played more with her. I chased a ball, then Mom chased me, then I placed my rear end quite comfortably on Mom's lap and chewed my favorite bone. What a life.

Then, after delicious dinner, I could not help but stare at the sunset. just look at the sky!. It seems the entire world is on fire! I have never seen anything like that before, even though at the ripe age of 10 I am considered an elderly and wise dog. But never anything like that. Thankfully, Dad took some pictures.

Ok, I'm ready to go to sleep now, waiting by the stairs for Dad to take me upstairs. What a life!

No comments: